We always say this, I know but these are actually the best brownies pie you’re ever going to have. They’re good, they’re chocolatey, they’re fudgy and live up to every expectation. Throughout every other recipe that you have for brownies, this is the one you will be using going forward for the rest of your life. As always before you start baking, butter and parchment.
Good brownies need good chocolate and we are going to use 8 ounces of chocolate, you can use Mello or just dark chocolate, we are going to use cocoa powder as well. We add a little bit of cocoa powder to the dark chocolate then add hot melted butter to the chocolate cocoa powder and espresso powder, it is going to help melt everything down and dissolve which is going to keep or brownies really fudgy later on.
In a different bowl, add two cups of granulated sugar, add half a cup of dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, two tablespoons of salt So we’re going to have six eggs, always crack your eggs into separate bowls. Start by adding one egg to the sugar just you don’t make a huge mess. Once you start mixing them you can add more eggs one after the other. Incorporate the batter really well so much so that it would look like a super thick pancake batter almost.
The great thing about beating the eggs and sugar is you create a really solid foundation and you don’t have to use a chemical leavener. Then you are going to pour in the beautiful ganache that we made. Preheat your oven. Melt butter and chocolate chips together until even and smooth. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, eggs, and vanilla until the mixture becomes fluffy.
Mix the cooled chocolate and the fluffy mixture. Take your brown mix and add it directly into the pie crust. Bake the pie at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50minutes.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate or 9-inch springform pan.
- In a heat safe bowl melt together butter and 2 cups of chocolate chips until smooth. You can use a double boiler or microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate.
- Fold in flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Mix in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is puffed. The top may crack.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Top with hot fudge to serve