These thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies are delicious, crunchy and super easy to make. Serve them with a glass of milk and enjoy the best cookies you will ever bake. In a large mixing bowl, add white granulated sugar together with brown sugar, flavour shortening and butter. Using an electric mixer, mix those ingredients until they are well combined then add in one egg and mix it in.
This is a very easy basic cookie recipe. Add in vanilla extract and lightly stir it in then add sifted flour, baking soda and a little bit of salt then mix it well and get the flour well combined until it looks like a dough. Once well combined, add in chcolate chips, you can use mini chcolate chips if you want to or add nuts to the batter.
Stir the chcolate chips in until all chips are mixed in really well. You do not need to chill this dough, Once everything is combined, prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper then using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough and line it in the baking tray then lightly press the cookie dough so that they are flat on the baking tray because they are going to spread but not too much.
Bake these cookies in a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 7 minutes. When they are out of the oven they will be beautiful thin chocolate chip cookies. Let them sit in the pan for about 2 minutes then place them on a cooling rack to cool completely and they will get more crispy as they cool off. Serve them and store the excess in an airtight container.
- 1/4 cup (48 grams) butter-flavoured shortening
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (57 grams) light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup (70 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 grams) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (120 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Mix in egg until combined then add vanilla extract and mix it in.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined and a dough starts to form then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (about 1 tablespoon worth) scoop out dough and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Completely flatten each ball of dough and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit in the pan for about 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Cookies will crisp up even more as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.