These bacon-wrapped smokies with brown sugar make a great appetizer. The little smokies make a tasty main dish as well. Serve them along with roasted potatoes or fries for an easy and delicious family dinner. They are easy to make and can easily be made ahead of time. If you’re wanting a little extra flavour boost, consider using some bbq sauce! It’s only one extra step. After you bake the little smokies, remove the pan from the oven and switch it to broil. Baste the cooked smokies with a little bbq sauce.
To make them, you will need little smokies, bacon, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Then, you wrap them, roll them, poke them, and bake them. The addition of cayenne pepper to my recipe helps these Bacon Wrapped Smokies hit that next level. Other variations o this appetizers include bacon-wrapped smokies without brown sugar, bacon-wrapped smokies with maple syrup, or add a tangy element with bacon-wrapped smokies with brown sugar and bbq sauce.
The best part about bacon-wrapped appetizers is that everything wrapped in bacon tastes better, right. There truly is no end to the possibilities of bacon-wrapped-ness. If you can make my bacon-wrapped smokies, you can make bacon-wrapped anything. With any of your recipes, you can coat the bacon-wrapped ingredient with brown sugar, maple syrup or bbq sauce.
- 1 14 Ounce Package Smoked little smokies
- 15 slices bacon uncooked, cut into thirds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoons dried cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Wrap each smokie with a bacon piece, overlapping ends, then securing with a toothpick.
- Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl then firmly press each smokie in a mixture, coating generously.
- Place in a single layer on prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- Flip the sausages and continue to cook another 20-30 minutes or until bacon is browned on the second side.
Remove from oven, and serve.