This is a really easy steak and broccoli recipe that has been stir fry. It is so good packed with amazing flavour and seriously way better than takeout. Flank steak is the bet to use in this recipe and start by cutting the steak and hen you are cutting make sure you cut across the grain because they get really tender when they ook when you cut them that way.
Once cut, transfer them to a large bowl then add some soy sauce and corn starch. Mix everything together until well incorporated then set aside. Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat and once the oil gets very hot, go ahead and add the meat. Arrange the meat in a single layer and let it cook on medium-high heat for about two to three minutes.
You want the bottom to get a very nice golden brown colour because that is how you get really good flavour. Toss the meat after around three minutes and let it cook for about a minute. Make sure you don’t overcook the meat otherwise it will get rea;y dry and chewy. Once the meat is fully cooked, go ahead and remove from the pan and set aside for later. In the same pan, add some oil then sautee some onions and allow the onions to cook until they get translucent then add some broccoli.
Cook them for about three minutes or depending on how soft you want them to be. While the broccoli is cooking, add some sauce to it, the sauce is what makes this dish amazing. In a bowl with beef stock, add soy sauce, some minced garlic and ginger, brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk them together then add the sauce to the pan as soon as the broccoli is cooked.
Go ahead and add the cooked steak then mix everything together and then cook for about 3 minutes to bring all the flavours together. Serve with rice or noodles on the side because they purse so well with this recipe.
- 1 1/4 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil divided use
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth or water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the broccoli from the pan; place on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the steak pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Add the broccoli mixture back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, beef broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the beef and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until the sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired…