This recipe is a cupcake with custard cream in it that is amazingly delicious. You will start by separating three egg whites and yolks then cover the egg whites with a plastic wrap and place them in the fridge until you are ready to use them. To make the egg yolk batter, you will beat the three egg yolks then add granulated sugar and then continue beating until they are incorporated and the m texture looks like a mayonnaise then add cooking oil and mix well.
Add milk and whisk in well then sift in cake flour and using a whisk, mix until you get a smooth batter then set that aside. Take the egg whites to make the meringue and you are going to add half of the granulated that to the egg whites then whip it until you get a soft peak then add the rest of the granulated sugar and mix well until you get a stiff peak.
Add a third of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix well with a whisk then add the rest of the meringue half at a time and mix well with a spatula. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit then divide the batter into muffin cups to about three-quarters full then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes and when you are using cupcake cups you will bake them for 15 to 20 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool once they are baked.
To make the cream cheese, start by adding room temperature butter to ma stand mixer bowl and beating it on high for 4 to 5 minutes then add cream cheese and mix for about a minute or so until they are combined and the mixture has a whipped consistency.
Next, you will add powdered sugar, icing sugar, or confectioners sugar and beat them in for about a minute in between to make sure everything is well combined. Pour the cream cheese frosting in a piping bag then pipe the cream into the muffins then dust the top with powdered sugar then serve.
Egg Yolk Batter:
- 3 egg yolks
- 20g (0.7oz.) granulated sugar
- 40ml cooking oil
- 40ml milk
- 60g (2.1oz.) cake flour
- 3 egg whites
- 40g (1.4oz.) granulated sugar
- ½ Cup | 1 Stick | 115g Butter
- 7oz | 200g Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes them easier to whip).
Egg Yolk Batter;
- In a bowl, place egg yolks and sugar. Beat them with an electric mixer until white like mayonnaise. Add cooking oil and milk, then mix well with an electric mixer. Sift in cake flour and mix well with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites and half of the granulated sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Then add the rest of the granulated sugar and whip them until firm peaks form. *If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
Combine and Bake;
- Add 1/3 Meringue into the Egg Yolk Batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Spoon the mixture into the cups up to 70% full. Bake muffin cups for 20-25 minutes. Bake cupcake cups for 15-20 minutes.
- When they are done, place them on a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Beat room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until pale and light and doubled in volume.
- Add the cream cheese to the butter and beat for a minute until well combined.
- Sieve the icing sugar or powdered sugar to remove any lumps and add it to the butter and cream cheese in thirds, beating well in between each addition.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a further minute until the frosting is fluffy.
Fit the cream in a pastry bag with a small round tip, and fill with the cream. Pipe the cream into the chiffon cupcakes and dust with powdered sugar.