This crispy chicken is made in the oven without any breading at all; the only ingredients you need are the chicken, a drizzle of oil, and a sprinkling of spices. Fresh Italian herbs and seasonings make these roast chicken breasts taste out-of-this-world delicious.
Serve with sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes for a hearty meal. The recipe is dead easy and my whole family loves this chicken. It will likely be the easiest chicken dinner you’ll ever make.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Rub rosemary mixture under loosened skin over flesh; rub over top of skin. Place chicken, bone side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Coat skin lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast registers 155°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand for 10 minutes.