Cranberry bread looks amazing, so moist and flavorful full of strawberries. If you need a quick bread, this cranberry bread is quick, perfect for any day. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your loaf pan. In a large bowl, add your all-purpose flour then to that add granulated white sugar, half a teaspoon of salt and baking powder then using a wire whisk, whisk all that together. Chop about one cup of fresh cranberry that is pretty coarsely if your cranberries are bigger and always wash your cranberries and then pick through them. Add your cranberries in the flour mixture and then add candied and chopped mixed peel, they are nice and sweet, kinda chewy. Their sweetness goes very nicely with the tartness of the fresh cranberries.
If you do not like candy mixed peel, you can just add more fresh cranberries then toss all that together. For the wet ingredients, beat an egg in a large bowl at room temperature, add your room temperature milk to the beaten eggs and continue mixing that. For flavoring add one teaspoon of vanilla extract, melt your butter then add it to the wet ingredients and whisk that all together. Make a bit of a well at the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredienst mixture and just mix everything together. You want to make sure that all the flour is moistened, so just move it around and try not to overmix. Pour the batter into your baking pan and you are going to bake that for 50 to 55 minutes. It will rise and turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted at the center will come out clean.
Once the cranberry bread is done baking, let it cool then run a knife in the edge of the pan to make sure your bread is not sticking then turn the tin upside down and place the cake on a rack. This cranberry bread is best left overnight before you eat it, you can wrap it in a plastic wrap then foil and wrap it really well before you enjoy it.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan (8-cup capacity), and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine butter, egg, and milk.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and whisk to combine; fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle top with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let bread cool 30 minutes. Invert onto rack, then immediately turn right side up to cool completely.