This festive pull-apart Christmas tree bread loaded with Cheddar, mozzarella, and cheeses is a must try and will bring your friends and family to the perfect Christmas mood. This particular pull-apart bread from Delish is shaped into a Christmas tree.
The cheesy bread is topped with Parmesan and herbs to look like a snow-fallen Christmas tree. The best part about this recipe is that there’s not much in the way of cooking or baking skills required. All you need is store-bought pizza dough sticks of mozzarella, some grated Parmesan cheese, some melted butter and lots of chopped, fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or rosemary.
After baking it, you can brush the tree with melted butter and minced garlic and then sprinkled it with freshly chopped basil and rosemary.
- 6 string cheese mozzarella cheese sticks (0.75 oz each)
- 5 extra-sharp Cheddar cheese sticks (0.75 oz each)
- 5 cheese sticks (0.75 oz each)
- 2 cans Southern Homestyle refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 can pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 18×14-inch cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Cut each cheese stick into 4 pieces to make 64 pieces. Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers for a total of 32 biscuit rounds. Flatten each biscuit round into 4-inch circle.
- Place 2 pieces of the same type of cheese on center of each round. Fold edges up and over cheese; pinch firmly to seal.
- Place biscuits randomly by assorted cheeses, seam sides down and next to each other in a tree-shaped pattern on the cookie sheet, starting with trunk and working up to the top.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush mixture on tops of biscuits. Bake 29 to 33 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
- Top with chives. In small microwavable bowl, microwave pizza sauce covered on High 60 to 90 seconds, stirring halfway through, until warmed through. Serve cheese-stuffed biscuits with pizza sauce.