This moist pumpkin bread is practically perfect in every way and it is easily customized to your own taste. You can add nuts or dried fruits. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and you will need a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Grease and flour your pan with butter make sure you reach to the corners and the edges of the pan so that everything is evenly coated with a little bit of the grease.
For the batter, you will start with about 15 ounces of canned pumpkin puree into a mixing bowl. To that, add four eggs and vegetable oil, you can substitute the vegetable oil with unsweetened applesauce. The vegetable oil will give you the best moist cake
Whisk everything together with water until the egg yolks are broken down and everything is well combined. Whisk in two cups of granulated sugar then at this point you can add in the spices. For this cake, you will need ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and ground cloves. Once they are well combined, start adding the dry ingredients.
You will need all-purpose flour and baking soda and salt then stir that together until combined. At this point, you can add some chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins or strawberries. Whatever you enjoy in your pumpkin bread, you can always add them in, they will totally work in this recipe.
Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan then pop them in the oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean. Once they are baked, let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then gently remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool completely then slice and serve.
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9×5 bread loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, water, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and spices until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre, comes out clean.