These no-knead bread rolls are perfectly soft and fluffy and are astonishingly effortless to make with no stand mixer, no-knead, no special equipment required. To begin you need bread flour, salt, yeast, sugar, melted butter, eggs, water, and powdered milk. To begin put some warm water in a bowl and add sugar and yeast and give it a good stir to cover it with a plastic wrap and put it aside for 5 to 10 minutes to activate. If there are bubbles on your yeast it means it has activated.
Once the yeast is an active crack in your eggs and adds the melted butter. Mix everything together till everything is well combined. Next, put your bread flour in a bowl. Add sugar, powdered milk, and salt to the bread flour. Mix everything together using a whisk till everything is combined. Once everything is combined add in your wet mixture to the flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together until everything is well combined with a very wet and sticky dough.
Next, cover the dough with a plastic wrap and let it stay for about 1 to 2 hours. Grease the baking pan with some melted butter. Sprinkle a generous amount of flour over it and spread the flour around to cover the whole pan and remove extra flour. Once it is done set it aside. Take your risen dough and use your hand to punch it down to release the trapped air.
Once you are done releasing the trapped air dust your hands with flour and take a smaller amount of dough and roll it into a very tight ball and put it in the prepared baking pan. Do so for the rest of the dough. Once the dough has been rolled brush the balls with melted butter to give the bread a golden brown surface.
Cover the pieces of bread with aluminum foil and let it proof for about 30 minutes. Once it has proofed bake them at 350 F for about 15 to 20 minutes until the surface becomes golden brown and cooked inside. Once done take them out of the oven and brush them with the melted butter to give them a shiny surface and soft crust. Let it cool before serving it.
- 4.5 cups(540 grams) Bread Flour
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar for proofing the Yeast
- 6 Tablespoons powdered Milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 2 Eggs
- Proof the yeast by mixing the yeast and sugar with the warm water and leave it for about 5 minutes until it froths. (The temperature of the water should be between 95° F and 115° F).
- Crack in the Eggs and add the melted butter inside the proofed yeast. Whisk together and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (Flour, Sugar, Salt and powdered Milk)
- Mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until a wet and sticky dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with a lid or a plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for 11/2 hours.
- Rub the baking pan with some butter and sprinkle a generous amount of flour over it then tip the pan all around, and make sure the flour sticks to all the sides of the Pan, then dump out the excess.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down to remove the trapped air and start forming your rolls.
- Carefully arrange the dinner rolls inside the Pan and brush it with margarine
- Leave it to proof again for another 30 minutes
- Bake in a 350°F degree preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Brush the surface once again with some margarine to give it a soft crust.
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before serving