This cake is soft, super fluffy and delicious made with simple ingredients. Pour milk into a small bowl and add butter then melt them in the microwave for a minute or two. Stir to combine then set aside. Separate 5 egg whites from yolks and place the yolks into a large bowl then add one egg.
Start whisking the egg yolks to break them then add the milk and butter mixture slowly while you continue to whisk the mixture until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and stir for a minute then sift in 90 grams of flour and mix through until smooth then set aside. Bring the egg whites and add them to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until the egg whites are foamy then add 90 grams of sugar in three additions and mix well for about a minute after each addition.
Beat the egg whites until they reach soft peaks. The main thing is not to overbeat the meringue. Add the beaten egg whites into the batter in three additions. Fold the meringue in the cake batter slowly until smooth. Line the bottom and sides of a cake mold with parchment paper, if you have a split from then wrap it with foil in 2 to 3 layers so that no water gets in.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and run a skewer or a knife in the batter to get rid of any excess air trapped in the batter. Place the cake pan in a bigger rectangle baking sheet and pour boiling water (80 C) into the baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 302 degrees Fahrenheit (150c) for about 60 minutes.
Once the cake is baked and out of the oven, remove the cake from the mold immediately and place it on a wire rack to cool down for about 10 minutes. Slice the cake and serve. Bon Appetit.
- 90 Grams (5.7Oz) flour
- 90 Grams (6.4Oz) sugar
- 90 Grams (3.2Oz) butter
- 90 ml milk
- 5 yolks
- 5 whites
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- boiling water 80 С
- Pour milk into a small bowl, add butter and melt in the microwave and stir.
- Transfer the yolks (5 pieces) and the egg (1 piece) to a large bowl.
- While stirring the yolks and egg, add the milk and butter mixture in a small stream. Stir until smooth then add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Add sifted flour and mix thoroughly until smooth then whisk the egg whites in a mixer then add sugar (90 g) in three portions.
- Beat the whites until soft peaks then add the beaten egg whites to the dough in three equal portions and stir until smooth.
- Line the bottom and sides of the mold with parchment then place the dish in a deep baking sheet and pour hot water in the baking sheet.
- Bake the sponge cake in a preheated oven at 150 ° C for about 60 minutes.