Condensed milk cake is a buttery, rich, and dense pound cake sweetened with sweetened condensed milk. This condensed milk cake is similar to a pound cake but has a lot more to offer. It is light and moist making every bite better than the last with a fabulous taste. Place your flour in a bowl then sift in about 3/4 tsp baking powder. Bring together the sieved flour from all four corners of the paper then you will also need 1 cup powdered sugar.
You can also use brown sugar but white will work just fine. Add this to a bowl. Top this off with 1 cup soft butter, you can slightly melt your butter before baking but butter at room temperature is what we need here. Add condensed milk to your butter mixture then beat the mixture well using an electric beater for 2 minutes until fluffy, if using hand, beat well for about 5 minutes.
Break 2 eggs in another bowl and whisk for 2 mins using a fork then set aside. Add the whisked butter-sugar-condensed milk mixture to the flour mixture with one pinch salt then mix until just combined. Top it off with the whisked egg then combine gently without beating. Add one teaspoon of vanilla essence to the batter and swirl around a few times. Pour into a greased loaf pan or cake tin.
All set to go into the oven. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 30 mins until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. The top will turn golden brown and the cake will rise to almost double the amount of batter.
Alternatively, you can prepare whipped cream and apply it between your condensed milk cake layers for a little flavour to your cake.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour or maida
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (I used a little over 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- Sieve the flour and baking powder until well combined. You can also whisk it well in a bowl until combined if you don’t have a sieve.
- Beat butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy – 5 mins by hand, 2 mins by the electric beater. Then add the condensed milk and repeat for the same time, until well combined.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl for 2 mins with a fork and set aside.
- Add the flour to the butter-sugar-condensed milk mixture and mix until just combined without beating too hard.
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence and salt and combine well again.
- Transfer to a greased cake tin or loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/325F for 30-35 mins. Insert a toothpick at the centre to test if the cake is done.
- Cool, slice and serve.