Its time to introduce you to the ultimate breakfast sandwich. Essentially, this is the slush of the breakfast sandwich, it is delicious and it doesn’t take too many ingredients. So, we start off by making a chipotle mayonnaise, have some tabasco and a little bit of mayonnaise and give it a little bit of a mix through. Since our mayo is sorted, its time to talk about our turkey patties, have some ground turkey or some turkey minced and add in a few teaspoons of fennel seeds, some garlic and then season that with some salt and black pepper and that is pretty much it.
Give it all a good mix, you can make two patties from this mixture. once you are done mixing, break the mixture into two and using the palm of your hands just form them into a nice solid little patty. Get your pa on the heat and add some oil, just any natural oil will do then grab up the burgers with a little fish slice and get them straight in the pan and begin to fry them. You are going to need about three to four minutes on either side just until nicely cooked through and they have a lovely color on the outside. Once the turkey patties are nicely cooked through, finish them off with a slice of cheddar cheese. To fry the eggs, add a little bit of oil in a hot pan then fry the eggs off just until the whites are no longer succulent.
We are going to serve them with brioche buns, cut them into half and spread some chipotle mayo then take the turkey patties and place on the buns than the egg straight on top of that, a little bit of scallion and that is some serious breakfast.! This breakfast sandwich is so indulgent cheesiness and you’ve got the egg which is runny, a little has of scallion and that lovely melted cheese all served in a brioche bun.
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 brioche buns, sliced in half horizontally
- 250g ground turkey
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chipotle/tabasco sauce
- Mix together the ingredients for the mayonnaise. Place the scallions in a small bowl of iced water and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the turkey patties in a bowl until well combined and season with sea salt and ground black pepper. Form 2 patties with the mixture and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add in the turkey patties and cook for 5-6 minutes either side or until completely cooked through.
- 3 minutes before the patties are done, add a slice of cheese to each pattie and let it melt, you can cover the pan with a lid at this stage to help speed up the process.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm in a low oven.
- Fry the eggs until cooked to your liking. Toast the brioche buns and spread with a generous dollop of mayonnaise.
- Top with a turkey patty, an egg and a sprinkle of scallions drained from the water. Serve straight away.