These mini bread rolls come out sweet and soft. If you don’t have the mini mould, you can use a baking tray and they will still come out perfect as mine. Start by adding sugar and the yeast to the warm milk then set that aside for 5 minutes for the yeast to activate. Add the flour to the mixing bowl and a pinch of salt together with the softened butter then mix that for about 30 seconds.
Once you have lightly mixed the dry ingredients, add about 50 grams of the condensed milk into the flour and start mixing it. While mixing, add the activated yeast mixture little by little until it forms into a smooth dough. Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with a plastic wrap then place in a warm place and let it rise until it doubles in size, this should be between 40 to 60 minutes depending on the temperature of your place.
Once the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface and cut the dough into equal-sized portions. Take each piece and roll it with your palm then roll it on the work surface and place it into a mould pan or line them in a baking tray close to each other then cover and let them sit for another 30 minutes. Brush the top with egg wash then bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until it’s nice and crispy on top. Serve them warm with your favourite jam and enjoy for breakfast.
- 200ml (1 cup) Warm Milk
- 50g (50ml) Condensed Milk
- 400g Bread Flour
- 30g Butter
- 1/2 Egg
- 15g yeast
- 35 g Sugar
- 1/2 the Egg for brushing the tops
- Add the flour, butter and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and yeast to the warm milk and leave to activate.
- Add egg and condensed milk and mix that with the flour.
- Add yeast little by little while kneading and mix well.
- Knead about 15 min.
- Put that to a greased bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove.
- After cut the dough to equal size portions.
- Then Make balls and leave it to prove again.
- After brushing the tops with the remaining eggs and bake 180c about 20-30 min.