these chocolate chip muffins are actually a form of quick bread, meaning that they have a bread-like texture but are made without yeast. Muffins are one of those recipes that many people think are really easy to make. The biggest problem being muffins that are dry and hard. Baking powder is the secret to making quick bread rise.
As in most muffin recipes, you need to combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Then, it is simply a question of combining the wet and dry ingredients together and mixing until just combined. Fill your muffin liners with the batter; bake and in under 20 minutes, you will be enjoying bakery style muffins in the comfort of your home.
If you don’t use paper patties and spray the muffin tin instead, the tops will spill over and become a bit crispy, just like muffins you get from some bakeries. To avoid dry muffins, some recipes make the batter by creaming butter in a stand mixer.
These homemade chocolate chip muffins are quick to make and are not overly sweet. They truly make the perfect snack. This recipe calls for a combination of butter and oil, which means you get the best of two worlds. While butter has a wonderful flavor, it can produce a dry muffin.
Oil, on the other hand, has little flavor but helps ensure that your muffins are moist.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to a wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tins to finish cooling.
- Serve warm or completely cool.