This is a very light and fresh dessert, perfect for a hot day in summer. The classical recipe about tiramisu is a layer of ladyfingers covered with mascarpone and then chocolate and cocoa powder. This version of strawberry has no coffee or chocolate which is very yummy and very tasty in any case. Get around two pounds of strawberries in a bowl and you will use on pound to make the juice and the other pound for decorations. Make sure you have ripe and red strawberries because of the result of the tiramisu depends a lot in their taste. Make sure they look very fresh and juicy and your tiramisu will be amazing.
Cut half of the strawberries in small pieces then add half a cup of water to the strawberries and start mixing with a hand mixer until juicy. You are going to need egg yolks, separate the egg whites from the yolks then add it in a bowl with sugar and beat them until very white and creamy. Another ingredient in this tiramisu is the mascarpone, add the cheese in the mixture and mix it. Make sure you have your mixer on low speed while mixing the mascarpone with eggs. Take your ladyfingers and roll them in the strawberry juice and make a layer of it and then you will cover it with a layer of the mascarpone cheese.
After the first layer, you can add another layer of the ladyfingers and the mascarpone cheese or you can add the chopped strawberries with the cheese just to give it extra taste. After adding another layer of ladyfingers, cover with the mascarpone cheese then you will op them with fresh strawberries. Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before eating.
- Strawberry Juice: 1 pound strawberries
- Strawberry Juice: 1/2 cup water
- Mascarpone Cream: 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- Mascarpone Cream: 4 egg yolks
- Mascarpone Cream: 4 oz white sugar
- Lady Fingers cookies
- 1 pound strawberries
Making the Strawberry Juice;
- Cut 1 pound of strawberries into small pieces.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl, and add 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Using a hand held mixer, mix the strawberries until you get a liquid texture.
Making the Mascarpone Cream;
- Using an egg beater, beat 4 egg yolks with 4 oz of white sugar until you ge ta whitish mixture.
- Add 16 oz of mascarpone to the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the mascarpone little by little, beating small amounts of mascarpone into the egg yolk mixture before adding the rest.
Putting together the Tiramisu;
- Dip the lady fingers in the strawberries juice and place them in your tiramisu pan.
- Cover the layer of lady fingers with a layer of mascarpone cream.
- You can add a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the mascarpone cream.
- Add another layer of lady fingers dipped in strawberry juice and mascarpone cream until you finish all the ingredients.
- End up with a mascarpone layer and decorate with strawberries.
- Place the tiramisu in the fridge for 3-4 hours so that the cookies soad up the strawberry juice.
- You can remove the tiramisu from the fridge 15 mintues before serving.