This Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf is moist and delicious with just the right amount of blueberries and lemon. This delicious Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is sweet, tart, wonderfully moist and fluffy, and so easy to make. This cake bread is so tender, it just melts in your mouth and it’s so full of bright, tart lemon and sweet blueberry flavor.
The simple lemon glaze on top gives the loaf a thin crust with that extra lemon zing. This recipe is a close copy-cat of Starbucks’ delicious lemon blueberry loaf. You’ll love how easy it is to make at home and you really get your money’s worth with this recipe. You can make this loaf over the weekend, then enjoy it during the week. Just let the loaf cool down completely, then wrap it with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- milk, if needed to thin out the glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grease an 8.5×4.5×2.5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray then flour it.
- In a large bowl whisk together the 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl mix together the blueberries with the 1 tbsp of flour. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the loaf. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- While the loaf is baking make the lemon syrup by cooking the lemon juice and 1 tbsp of sugar in a small saucepan just until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- Make the lemon glaze by whisking the icing sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. This glaze needs to be quite runny, so add milk as needed, about a tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cook in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan onto a baking rack, then place the baking rack over a baking sheet. Poke holes in the cake using a skewer or toothpick then pour the lemon syrup all over the cake. Allow it to cool.
- Once the cake is cooled, drizzle with the lemon glaze, cut into slices and serve.