This chocolate cake is so moist and so good with infused chocolate chips and can be topped with a luscious chocolate glaze. Making this cake is so simple for even beginning bakers since it involves combining wet ingredients in one bowl then dry ingredients in another and then mixing them until well combined.
Start with preheating your oven than in a stand mixer or a large bowl, mix your milk, butter, eggs and extract together. In another bowl, sift in all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and caster sugar then mix until they are well combined. Pour in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and begin to combine using a hand whisk.
Combine until they are well mixed then add in the chocolate chips and stir everything in. Pour the cake batter into a baking dish that is buttered and lined with a parchment paper and bake for around 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. The cake can be left to cool then eaten once baked but you can also top with a glaze if you want a more chocolate flavor.
Place cocoa powder and some icing sugar then pour in some baileys, if you are making this cake for children, you can add milk or water, add the liquid until you have the consistency that you want. Pour it over your chocolate chip loaf cake then let it set and serve.
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 40g caster sugar
- 75ml warm milk
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 3. Grease a loaf tin and dust with flour.
- Beat the sugar and softened butter with a mixer until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs, one by one, mixing well.
- Add the flour in gradually, mixing on the highest setting for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Mix cocoa powder, 40g caster sugar, and warm milk together until smooth; add to the cake mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped chocolate and pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.