These chocolate covered strawberries come out perfect every single time and if you love chocolate and strawberries then you are in the right place. Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my guilty pleasures in life, so good.! Start off with some fresh strawberries and you are going to use milk chocolate chips but if you like darker chocolate, you can use bittersweet or semisweet chocolate. First, you want to make sure your strawberries are totally clean and dry if they are wet they are not going to get the chocolate. Boil water in a large pan then you are going to put a heatproof bowl over the top and place the chocolate it.
You want to make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water in the pan otherwise it scorches the chocolate and it will burn. You are going to add two teaspoons of flourless vegetable oil in the chocolate chips then very gently just turn the chocolate chips as they start to melt. Prepare a place with some wax paper or parchment paper then get your strawberries close and you are going to start dipping your strawberries. Take your strawberries one by one and just write in about two-thirds of the way in because you want to be able to see the top of the strawberry. Once it is perfect the way you want it, place it on a plate of sheet lined with parchment paper. Work on your other strawberries until they are done then let them cool at room temparature for about five minutes then into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 1 Dozen Fresh Strawberries washed and dried
- 1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Fill a small pot with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer.
- Place a small bowl over the pan with the simmering water but make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the simmering water.
- Add the chocolate chips and the oil and let that melt slowly as you stir with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula.
- Remove the bowl with the melted chocolate from the pan and start dipping in your strawberries.
- Dip 2/3 of the strawberry in the chocolate and carefully shake off any excess. Place them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow them to set for 5 minutes at room temperature and then pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes to set completely.