This butterscotch banana cake is sweet inside and out, it has a velvety soft texture swirled with a thick ribbon of cinnamon sugar and topped with a butterscotch drizzle. This butterscotch banana cake is made with simple ingredients and is sweet enough to serve for dessert but also makes a great snack for breakfast. To begin with, we are going to have our bananas, all-purpose flour, butterscotch morsel baking soda and baking powder, sugar, and eggs.
Place the bananas in a bowl and using a potato masher, begin to mash your bananas until they are well mashed then set them aside. Put oil and eggs in a measuring cup then mixed them together until they are all mixed nicely. Place your dry ingredients in a different bowl, add sugar, flour, baking powder and if you don’t like butterscotch you can substitute that with white chocolate morsels or even dark chocolate, whatever you want to change it a little bit.
Add oil and egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stir it up until well combined then add the mashed bananas to the mixture, mix ut all well then stir in our butterscotch chips until well combined. Line your baking pan with parchment paper then pour the mixture in the pan and put it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3 bananas (ripe and mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combined mashed bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then add flour and mix just until combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- You can also make this in 3 small mini loaf pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The mini loaves cook for about 40-42 minutes.