The beef tendon may not be a common ingredient in Western cultures, but it is loved for its luxurious textures and health benefits in Japanese and many Asian cuisines. People who enjoy beef tendon appreciate the soft-tender texture and the rich flavors. They are high in collagens, which is good for your skin, joints, and hair. Tendons are tough and fibrous but become tender after a long period of cooking.
With the use of a pressure cooker, the cooking process can be shortened without compromising the perfect texture and delicious flavors of this beef tendon. Properly cooked beef tendons contribute wonderful flavors to the final dish, with deep and rich broth and tendons that literally melt in your mouth. Beef tendon stew is prepared first by boiling and simmering, and only after properly prepped, they are stewed in a soy sauce based savory dashi broth with daikon.
To start cooking, boil the beef tendons until soft then simmer the tendons with aromatics like ginger and green onions. To achieve the tenderness you’re looking for in shorter cooking time, a pressure cooker comes in handy and makes sure these tendons come out soft fro the pressure cooker before you begin to fry them.
- 4 to 5 large beef tendon
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 1 grass fruit
- 2 to 3 octagonal
- 4 to 6 dried red pepper
- 2 to 3 fragrant leaves
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 1 small section of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large white radish, peeled, cut into large pieces of
- 3 to 6 fresh red peppers, cut into
- 2 to 3 petals of garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking wine
- Cooking oil
- Put the tendon and burdock into a large pot of water, remove it, drain the water
- Prepare the spices to be used and place them on the coffee filter paper.
- The tendon, tendons, spice packet, ginger, bay leaves are placed in an instant pot pressure cooker in, add a little water
- Set high pressure for 50 minutes and stew, very fragrant
- Remove the beef tendon and cut into large pieces.
- Put the cut pieces into your cooking pot.
- Place it on the fire, then add oil, garlic, pepper, ginger, and pepper. At this point, you can add ingredients that you are using.
- Stir fry until the water vapor is dried, pour the stew of beef stew, add white radish
- After boiling, cover the lid and turn it into a small fire for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy