The beauty of pork tenderloin is that it’s pretty quick-cooking. Plus, you don’t want to overcook the meat, so it doesn’t have to cook as long as you’d think. Pork is actually supposed to be cooked to an internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F.
The trick to a great pork tenderloin is a quick sear followed by a nice hot oven. This gives a great crust while keeping the inside tender and juicy. Preheat the oven to 450°F and quickly sear your seasoned pork. Place the skillet into the oven for 20 minutes and remember to leave it to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
If you have ever been hesitant to make pork tenderloin, don’t be. It is a great way to make a fabulous meal. The key to the flavor is searing the pork tenderloin first.
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced chives
- 1 garlic clove minced into a paste
- Lower oven rack to middle lower position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray heavy duty baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Arrange green beans in center of baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and arrange on either side of green beans, cut side down.
- Lay tenderloins, not touching, over green beans and brush with hoisin sauce, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickest part of tenderloins reaches 140 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- While tenderloin is roasting, combine butter, chives, garlic, 1/4 salt, and 1/4 pepper.
- When tenderloin is done the cooking, remove sheet pan and top each tenderloin with one tablespoon of garlic herb butter and let pork tenderloin rest before slicing.
- Top potatoes and green beans with remaining two tablespoons of garlic herb butter and serve.