Parmesan Roasted Potatoes – the easiest and best-roasted potatoes with Parmesan cheese, butter and herbs. These roasted garlic butter parmesan potatoes are fluffy and buttery soft on the inside with irresistibly crisp edges. Roasting potatoes in a hot, preheated oven set at a high heat give you the best, crispy results with melt-in-your-mouth fluffy interiors. To ensure an even distribution of flavor, mix the herbs and seasoning together with olive oil before tossing in your potatoes.
The mixture doesn’t need to be loose, but oily enough to coat the potatoes evenly. The end result is this Amazing roasted potatoes that take practically 10 minutes active prep time in the kitchen. The roasting takes about 1 hour to get to the desired tenderness.
- 3 pounds (1.5 kg) baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Parboil baby red potatoes in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes to precook them. They’ll be more tender on the inside when roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, salt, herbs, pepper, and parmesan cheese together, mixing to combine. Add a little more olive oil if the parmesan cheese has absorbed most of it.
- Toss parboiled potatoes through the garlic parmesan mixture to evenly coat.
- Arrange the coated potatoes cut side down in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes with tongs or a spatula, until potatoes are browned and crisped at the edges.
- In the meantime, gently melt butter in the microwave and combine with fresh chopped parsley. Remove potatoes for the oven, and drizzle with the butter parsley sauce.