The flavor combination of these wings is insanely good and the best part is you are making it in a slow cooker. You will start off with the sweet sauce, in a slow cooker bowl, add some chili sauce, ketchup, you will also need some honey and brown sugar and then to give you a nice deep color you will add dark soy sauce.
For the barbeque sauce, you will add a little Worcestershire sauce and some garlic to boost up the flavor then mix everything up. For the chicken wings, you will use the little drummettes of the wings but any form of the wings or even drumsticks is fine with this recipe. Add the chicken wings in and give it a mix into the sauce then place the lid of the slow cooker on.
A few options to consider before sooking is if you want to cook it for dinner and you are away during the day, you can do the six to eight hours setting and if you are preparing for diner and you are around the house you can set three hours on high. Once your wings are done cooking, get them out on a tray lined with a foil and the braising liquid, you will turn it into a sauce.
Pour it to a saucepan and let it bubble away for around 15 minutes until it’s really super thick then pour it out on a bowl and give each of the wings a good brush with the sauce. Get the wings in the oven under a very hot grill, halfway through remove from the oven and brush with the sauce again before letting them finish cooking. Serve the wings with a sprinkle on the side and enjoy.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ‘1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 kg of chicken wings
- Add the ketchup, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, dark sweet soy sauce and garlic to the bowl of a slow cooker. Mix well, then add the chicken wings. Mix to coat. Slow cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven grill to high.
- Open the slow cooker and transfer the chicken wings to a baking tray lined with foil. Transfer the braising sauce left in the slow cooker to a saucepan over high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Brush the wings with the thickened sauce. Cook under the hot oven grill for 3 minutes, then turn the wings over and brush the other side with sauce.
- Grill for another 3 minutes. Sprinkle the wings with the chili sprinkle and serve.