This recipe will leave you with the juiciest baked chicken breast. Often time, people think that a baked chicken os dry flavourless overcooked chicken but that is not the cake with this chicken. The first thing you will do is take your chiken out of the refrigerator about 20 to 30 minutes before starting the cooking process.
Make sure your chicken breast has the same thickness all the way around. Normally when we buy chicken breast there is a different level of thickness all the way around and if you cook it this way it will not cook all the same time. Create a uniform thickness of the chiken by laying down a plastic wrap then lay the chicken breasts and beat with a meat mallet or rolling pin to level the chicken.
Lay your chicken breast on a baking sheet and drizzle a little oil over them then gently rub over the chicken and flip the other side. For the seasoning, you can keep it a little short with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika for colour. By changing the seasoning, you can completely change the flavour of the chiken.
For the seasoning, use what you have and what you love. Pop the chicken in a 400 degrees oven for about 15 minutes then remove from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Once you cut your chicken, it should be nice, tender and juicy. If you are making this chicken for your meal preps, you will transfer into an airtight container and pop it in the fridge and it could last up to 5 days.
For eating, you can serve with your favourite sides such as broccoli, sweet potato wedges or salad.
- 2 boneless chicken breast 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge and allow them to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- The closer to room temperature that they are, the better.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Lay the chicken breasts between two pieces of saran wrap or wax paper and gently pound with a meat mallet, starting from the centre and pounded towards the edges.
- The goal is to create a chicken breast that is uniform in thickness so that it cooks evenly.
- Place chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet a drizzle each side with avocado oil and season liberally with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Rest the chicken for 10 minutes so the juices can settle and the internal temperature rises up to 165 degrees. Serve and enjoy.