This is an absolutely incredible dish with a combination of spices honey sweetness. Serve them with a veggie plate containing celery sticks, broccoli florets and a variety of dipping sauces. The glaze for these oven-baked chicken wings is so tasty good! It’s the perfect mix of sweet and salty and it’s so easy to make. For a tasty chicken, use good quality bone-in chicken wings.
Wash the wings and be sure to pat them dry before coating them then bake the chicken wings in a pre-heated oven for the best results. For a spicier sauce, add chopped red chilli. Start by preheating the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit then wash the chicken wings and then pat dry with kitchen paper.
In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt, black pepper and paprika until frothy. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or baking paper. Place an oven-safe cooling rack on top and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken wings on the cooling rack. Brush egg white mixture on chicken wings on both sides. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Remember to flip them half-way through so they bake evenly. While they’re baking, prep the glaze. In a saucepan add the honey, soy sauce, Worchester sauce, ginger, juice of a lime, ground coriander, red pepper flakes and sesame oil. Bring to boil, then simmer until sauce is reduced and becomes sticky. Once chicken wings are cooked let them cool for 5 minutes. Add them in a bowl, then coat with the glaze. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and enjoy.
- Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dab wings with paper towels until completely dry.
- Toss wings with flour, salt and pepper. Remove any excess flour and brush with olive oil (or use an olive oil spray).
- Line a pan with foil and then place parchment paper on top and bake 35 minutes turning at 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Take wings from the oven, toss with sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Allow cooling 10 minutes. As the sauce cools, it thickens. Stir the wings every few minutes to coat in the sauce as it thickens.