Zucchini bread is a great way to sneak in those veggies and as always, start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Like most bread, zucchini bread freezes well, make sure the bread has cooled completely before throwing it in the freezer though. Make sure you defrost and enjoy the zucchini bread. You really can use any size of zucchini to make zucchini bread; small, medium, or large. You need 2 cups of grated zucchini for the recipe, so you will need about 3 small zucchini, 2 medium zucchini, or 1 large zucchini. Line your baking pan with parchment paper and you are ready with this super simple cake. Add your sugar in a bowl and mix that well then add in vegetable oil, in that together then add your egg and some vanilla extract. Mix that together until all combined.
Add in the zucchini and get that all mixed, the zucchini has too much water content that’s going to keep this cake moist. For your dry ingredients, add flour in a bowl then add in all the spices and fresh nutmeg. Give it a quick mix then take a few tablespoons of the flour and mix with walnuts just because once your walnuts are cate with flour, they will mix throughout with the batter evenly. Add in the dry ingredients to the batter then the nut mixture and fold that in. Pour your batter in the baking tin then bake in a preheated oven for an hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- A ½ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- A ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Shredded Zucchini
- 2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Spray an 8X4” loaf pan with non-stick spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, add the eggs and both kinds of sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, zucchini and vegetable oil and mix that until its all well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- In another small bowl, toss the walnuts in 2 Tbsp of the flour mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture and mix to combine but making sure not to over mix.
- Fold in the walnuts coated in the little bit of flour.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.