Veggie burgers are packed with good for your ingredients and you dint need to be a vegan to try this healthier version of a burger. This burger comes together in a really well-formed patty that is just so good. First, you need to make patty which will be made with potatoes. Into a bowl add in the mashed potatoes into the potatoes add in finely minced vegetables( carrots, French beans, peas, corn) then add in bread crumbs (corn starch or plain flour) do not add a lot of bread crumbs.
Season it well with salt and pepper you can add in chat masala or graham masala then add in chopped coriander then using your clean hand mix the ingredients well you can taste the mixture and add in salt if needed. Next, take a little bit of the portion and make a ball kind of shape and flatten it out and coat it in some bread crumbs and put it aside and repeat the same for all of the mixtures.
Then take cornflour in a bowl and add Maida and mix it well with water then Dip the breadcrumbs coated patty in Maida-cornflour slurry and then coat again with breadcrumbs, and keep aside repeat the process for all of the remaining. Then cook the patty; take a pan and a little bit of oil and cook in medium heat and shallow fry the patty in hot oil until golden cooks well then flip it to the other side until it is well cooked and has a golden brown color.
To make the burger slice the bun in the center then add a little bit of oil in the pan and lightly toast the buns. Apply a mixture of ketchup and chili to the bottom of the bun then place cabbage or lettuce or any vegetable you prefer then add in your patty and onions then some tomatoes and sprinkle in some salt then pour in some ketchup then apply garlic meal on the other bun and cover it up and enjoy.
- For patty- Potatoes – 6 (boiled, cooled and mashed)
- Veggies – 1 cup (finely chopped/minced – carrots, onion, peas, coriander, chili)
- Bread Crumbs – 3 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper – to the season as per taste
- Chat Masala OR Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Panko Bread Crumbs – for coating the patty
- Maida & Cornflour – 2 tbsp. each (mixed together with water to make the slurry)
- Oil – to deep fry
For finishing burger – Burger Buns – 6
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Garlic Mayo – as desired
- Ketchup & Chili Sauce – as desired
- Greens & Salads – as desired (lettuce, onions, tomatoes..)
- In a mixing bowl, add in the mashed potatoes along with the veggies, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and your choice of spice. Mix the potato mixture well.
- Shape the patty, and roll them in panko breadcrumbs and keep aside.
- Dip the breadcrumbs coated patty in maida-cornflour slurry and then coat again with breadcrumbs, and keep aside.
- Shallow fry the patty in hot oil until golden both sides and takedown.
- Slice a burger bun into two horizontally, and toast it in a pan with some butter.
- Assemble the burger to suit your taste buds; begin with some chili sauce+ketchup in the bottom part of the bun, place some greens, then goes in the patty & salads, some more ketchup over top, and some garlic mayonnaise in the top bun.