These are easy to make and so nice and snappy to the bite. The dough can be frozen so you can have biscuits ready to cook at any time. If you need to bake them super fast, just pop the dough in the microwave on the defrost setting and check it every minute or so.
You could also drizzle melted chocolate over the baked biscuits to make them look even more special. These are the perfect little cookies/biscuits for doing icing decoration on. Remove the biscuits carefully from the baking tray and allow them to cool on a wire cooling rack as they have a tendency to carry over cooking and could turn too brown once removed from the oven.
When cooled, dust them with some icing sugar or decorate as desired.
- 185gms butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- In a food processor mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth
- Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and process until the mixture forms a soft dough
- Take the dough out the processor and knead slightly bringing it together in a ball and wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until about ½ cm / 5mm thick
- Cut the dough into approximately 7cm rounds
- Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper or silicone baking sheets
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown