Absolutely delicious, soft and moist tutti frutti cupcake is everyone’s delight and perfect for those with sugar cravings. They are easy to make, require only a handful of ingredients and they get baked in a small amount of time. They are a great dessert and a perfect option for breakfast. The recipe is quite simple. We firstly sieve all the dry ingredients(all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda) together. Add tutti frutti and mix using a spatula so that the tutti frutti gets covered with flour. Keep this aside.
Mix the tutti frutti with a tsp of flour to avoid tutti-frutti sinking to the bottom. Timing depends on the pan you use and the oven type too.
You can even bake this cake in a cake mould and bake for 30-35mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. This cake will rise well so don’t fill more than 3/4th else it will overflow while baking.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup + 1 tbsp to dust the dry fruits
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Tutti Frutti – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup powdered and tightly packed
- Cooking Oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup(Boiled and Cooled)
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/8 cup
- In a mixing bowl – add jaggery,milk and oil.
- Then add water and vanilla essence.
- Whisk it well, now strain and set aside.Add a tbsp of flour to tutti frutti, mix it and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, take wheat flour along with baking powder and baking soda.Whisk it well then add this to the liquid mix.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Whisk it well without any lumps.
- Add tutti frutti and mix with a spatula.The batter will be thickish like batter consistency to scoop out and not in pourable consistency.
- Used my icecream scooper to scoop out the batter to get even sized muffins.
- Take any mould of your choice inro the muffins tins.
- Spoon the batter and pour till 3/4th of the mould sprinkle tutti frutti.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Take the muffins and cool down in wirerack.