Chocolate waffles are great for weekend brunch and they are incredibly easy to make. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, these chocolate waffles are lightly sweetened and are perfect to top with fresh fruit or syrup. The waffle making process is no different than your regular waffles. It all starts by mixing your dry ingredients in a bowl and your wet ingredients in another. Stir it all together and pop it into a waffle maker and cook them to your liking, or about 4-6 minutes each. Have your oven heated to 200F so that you can keep them all warm when serving. Place your dry ingredients in a bowl and for the wet ingredienst, you have buttermilk, eggs, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
These are really great to put together last minute when you are having a guest coming over. Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl really well then to your buttermilk, add in eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix that together, making sure that your eggs are well beaten in the mixture then pour the wet ingredienst to the dry ingredienst. Mix everything together to combine, make sure you don’t overmix it, it should be really light fluffy like. Once you are done mixing, let it rest for like five minutes then open your waffle maker then spray some nonstick spray or vegetable oil.
Scoop your chocolate batter and pour at the center of the waffle and level it over the waffle then close it. Serve your chocolate waffles with whipped cream and enjoy.!
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- A ½ cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cups of Buttermilk
- A ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, instant espresso, and sugar, mix to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla for about 1 minute or until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and just mix them enough to combine but don’t over mix. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Lightly grease the waffle maker with either cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Cook the waffles according to the directions on the waffle iron.
- All waffle irons are different so the amount you should add to it and how long you cook it for will vary.