You cant have a plate of hot wings without something to dip them in so we will start with making a simple cheese dressing. Add sour cream and mayonnaise to a bowl then toss in blue cheese crumbles, some parsley then seasons with salt and set aside.
Use the baking sheet to season the wings then bake until crispy. When the wings get crispy, make the sauce. Melt some butter then combine it with hot sauce, garlic, and salt. Take the crispy wings out of the oven then add them to the sauce. Toss the really well then throw them on a place, drizzle them with a little wing sauce then serve.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tbs baking powder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Ginger Soy Glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Use a paper towel to pat the totally defrosted wings dry. This will not work with frozen wings.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag. Add the baking powder and salt and pepper, then toss to coat evenly.
- Line a tray with foil, and set a wire rack inside the rimmed baking sheets.
- Spray the rack with oil spray. Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. It will be a tight fit, use two sheets if needed.
- Bake wings at 250 for 30 minutes to help render the fat.
- After 30 minutes, increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes until wings are golden brown. Optional: Flip once during baking
- Once baked, remove wings from pan, and toss in a bowl to coat with the sauce of choice
- Return to baking sheet rack, bake for 5-6 minutes until glaze is lightly caramelized.