These cookies are soft, chewy and are great with a cup f coffee tea or glass of milk. Start off by creaming butter and peanut butter in a bowl then add in your white sugar and sung a mixer, cream everything together. Crack in an egg with a few drops of vanilla extract to the bowl and mix that once again. In a separate bowl, add in one cup of all-purpose flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt to bring out those flavours.
Use a hand whisk to mix everything together then add the dry ingredienst to the wet ingredients and start mixing everything until well combined. Scoop up about a tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll it n the palm of your hand then place it on a baking tray. Bake your cookies to a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about fourteen minutes.
Once the cookies are beautifully bakes, remove from the oven and immediately do a thumbprint in the middle of each cookie. Alternatively, you can use the back of a spoon to make the thumbprint shape ob your cookies. Set your cookies aside on a wire rack and let them cool completely. or the chocolate, heat 1/3 cup Heavy Cream and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, until hot but not boiling.
Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon Vanilla and 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Scoop about a tablespoon of chocolate into the centre of each cookie and move to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool until chocolate is set before eating.
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 stick (60g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl add the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar.
- Using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon, mix well until creamy. Incorporate vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. If the batter is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take equal portions of dough using an ice cream scoop and form into balls.
- Roll them into sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets. Use your thumb to make an indentation into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake until slightly golden for 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
- While still warm press again the centre of each cookie if necessary
- While they cool to prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a small saucepan.
- When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before filling the cookies. Fill the cookies with chocolate ganache and let it set before serving.