This butter roll looks like crescent rolls but it’s soft and buttery you can use it on a sandwich with jam and butter or just eat it plain, it’s so good. In a large mixing bowl, add in milk, yeast, melted butter and egg then followed by the dry ingredients that are the flour and salt. With the paddle attachment, mix everything until the mixture forms a dough.
Turn the mixer on speed 4 and continue kneading the dough for a bit 10 minutes, be sure to let your mixture rest in between to avoid overheating. Once your dough has become smooth and elastic, stop mixing and let it proof in a large greased bowl for an hour. After an hour, degas the dough then transfer it to a floured surface and roll the dough to about 20 inches round shape.
The trick to rolling the dough into a round shape is to roll it on every direction. Use a pizza cutter and cut 16 triangles from the dough the roll each triangle to form the roll shape and pinch the edge into the dough to make sure it is secured.
Transfer the rolls into a greased pan and let the rolls proof for the second time for one and a half hours. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then brush the rolls with an egg wash and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 300 grams of bread flour
- 100 grams of plain flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 2 ½ tsp. of instant yeast
- 4 tbsp. of fine white sugar
- 250 ml of warm milk
- 70 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Egg wash
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp. of milk
- In a large mixing bowl, first add in warm milk, yeast, sugar, melted butter, and egg. Followed by dry ingredients, bread flour, plain flour, and salt.
- Using the dough attachment of your mixer, mix everything together until it forms into a dough.
- Then turn your mixer to speed 4 and knead for about 10 minutes. Be sure to let your mixer rest in between to avoid overheating.
- Once your dough has become smooth and elastic, stop kneading and let it proof in a large greased bowl for an hour.
- After an hour, knock out all the air and transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Roll the dough to about 20 inch round shape.
- Use a pizza roller and cut out 16 triangles.
- Roll each of them up to form the pretty rolled shape. Pinch the end to make sure it is secured.
- Transfer them into greased pans.
- Let it proof for the second time for one and the half-hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced, gently brush them with egg wash and bake it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve. You may spread some jam or butter, make it into a sandwich or even eat it plain.