Brioche is a pastry of French origin that is similar to a highly enriched bread, and whose high egg and butter content give it a rich and tender crumb. The success of this recipe requires patience, it must be respected the time of kneading and the times of growth. Do not try to make a cake if you do not have a robot able to knead the dough for 20 minutes.
The dough should swell and approximately double in size.- Take out the dough and degas it. This is an operation that will consist of removing the gas contained in the dough. For this, crush the dough on your worktop with your hands.- Reform a ball and put it in the refrigerator overnight if you prepare your brioche the day before for the next day
- 250 gr of Oatmeal flour or the T45
- 10 gr of fresh baker’s yeast
- 30 gr of powdered sugar
- 6g of salt
- 3 eggs (150 gr)
- 120 gr of sweet butter
- 1 egg yolk for gilding
- In the bowl of the robot or in a large bowl, put the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and eggs taking care not to put the salt in contact with the yeast under penalty of disabling.
- Knead using the hook at medium speed or by hand for 10 minutes.
- Then add the soft butter cut into small pieces gradually and continue to knead until the complete incorporation of the butter.
- Count 8 to 10 minutes of kneading until the dough takes off from the sides of the bowl.
- Put the dough in a large floured bowl cover with food film and put it to rise for 1 hour at room temperature away from drafts.
- Once the dough has risen, remove it on a floured work surface, work lightly to degas it. The dough deflates and returns to its original shape.
- Put the dough back in the floured salad bowl, cover it with clingfilm and then put it in the fridge for one night in the refrigerator.
- You can also prepare the dough early in the morning and cook it in the evening.
- The next morning, take the dough out of the fridge, put it on a floured work surface then divide it into 6 equal parts, shape balls and then arrange them in a buttered mold.
- Let the brioche rise for 70 minutes. Then brush the brioche with egg yolk.
- Cook the brioche in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 to 35 minutes of cooking, watch well the brioche must have a beautiful golden color.