This is a very delicious, rich, and moist cake that is easy to put together and easy to burn (hence put extra care when it is cooking). To begin set your oven to 175 degrees Celsius then chuckle your ingredients in. Sift your plain flour to a bowl then add baking powder to the flour. Take your butter and melt it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Once it is melted add it in the flour then crack the eggs to the mixture. Next butter your baking tin using your clean hands.
Apply to the corners too because the cake it sticky make sure you grease your tin really well. Next, wash your hands and dry them with a paper towel. Next, add a tin of condensed milk in the flour mixture. Use a spoon to get it all out. Then take your electric hand mixer and mix the mixture really well. Beat it until it is all together. Beat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Once you are done beating put it in your baking tin. Use a spatula to get all the batter in the tin. Then put the tin with the batter and put it in the oven of 175 degrees Celsius. Cook until it gets a golden brown colour or a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once baked remove it from the oven and overturn on a wire rack and remove the tin.
It does not come out using a knife or spatula and scrape the sides and loosen the cake from the sides of the tins and try again. Make sure you grease your cake pan or tin well so that it can come out of the tin easily then let it cool then slice it with a bread knife or serrated knife and serve it with a little bit of icing sugar on top or just apply butter on it and eat.
- 400 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup (120 grams) Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) Butter melted, (plus 1 tablespoon for greasing)
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar sprinkling on top after the cake has cooked
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (or 155 degrees if you have a fan-forced oven).
- Grease an 18 cm chiffon cake pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer for four to five minutes until the batter is smooth then pour into the cake pan.
- Bake the Condensed Milk Cake for 30-35 minutes then sprinkle some icing sugar on top and serve with fruit sauce or fresh fruits.