This honey garlic chicken is prepared with a bit of ketchup and soy sauce marinade. Serve this dish with rice and a side of broccolini for a healthy and delicious dinner. Start with combing the ketchup, soy sauce, honey and oil and ix them until well combined.
Add crushed onions, garlic and other spices and mix them in until they are well combined into the sauce. For teh chicken pieces, place them into a ziplock bag and then pour in about three-quarter of the seasoning mixture and give the bag a good squeeze and rub so thet the chicken gets a good massage.
Let it marinate for about 2 hours so the chicken can absorb all the marinade. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes before the chicken is done marinating.
Line your baking pan with an aluminium foil then pour the chicken and its marinade into the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the chicken out of teh oven and turn it on the other side and pop it into teh oven for ten minutes so the other side can cook evenly.
Take the chicken out of teh oven and give it a good rub with the remaining marinade on both sides then pop it in the oven for another ten minutes. Once out of the oven, you will have a juicy, tender, delicious spicy honey garlic chicken.
- 1,5 kgs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon low sodium Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Onions(1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon hot Parika pepper
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder(optional)
- 1\2 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1\2 teaspoon White/Black pepper
- 1\2 Salt
- Combine the ketchup, soy sauce, honey and oil together in a small bowl then mix well until combined.
- Add the other spices then mix thoroughly.
- Place the chicken in a ziplock bag or a large bowl, then pour about 3\4 of the mixture into the bag or bowl, mix well until the chicken pieces are well saturated with the spicy sauce.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator or a cool place to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- About 20 minutes before the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven at 400F(200C) and line a baking tray with thin foil.
- Then pour in the marinated chicken onto the lined tray, spread out the chicken with skin side up so they are not touching and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and flip each piece of chicken over. Return to the oven for 10 minutes so that the other side can bake evenly.
- After 10 minutes, take out the chicken and brush on the remaining chicken marinade, flip over skin side up and also brush that side with the mixture.
- Now return the spicy honey garlic chicken to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Take out of the oven, serve and enjoy.