Egg biryani is so tasty, so easy to make and it’s such a cheaper version compared to other biryanis. This is a dish that you could make easy to impress your family for dinner. Add ghee or olive oil in a pan and let it heat up then add a teaspoon of cumin seeds. cinnamon, cardamom, and other spices then mix them in the oil. Add about ten pieces of cashews and slightly brown them then add ginger garlic paste and you want to cook until you can smell the fragrant smell of the ginger.
Next, add thinly sliced onions and green chilies then let them cook to an almost golden brown then add thinly sliced tomatoes. Add in salt and pepper to taste, turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder, and masala then mix it really well. Once all the spices have come together, add three tablespoons of heaped yogurt and mix it up really well on low heat. Remove the sauce from the heat and set it aside once everything has come together nicely.
In a shallow pan, add two teaspoons of olive oil and cook in rice for a few minutes, The rice should be soaked for around 30 minutes before you start to cook it. In case you are choosing not to sautee your rice on a pan, you can just directly put the rice in the pot and it will still be okay. Pour the rice on the pot with the tomato stew and mix it up well then add four cups of water of you are using two cups of rice. The ratio of water to rice should be 2;1.
You can always adjust according to the amount of rice you are cooking. Mix the rice in the added water, cover it up and let it simmer on low heat. When the rice is cooked and a few minutes before removing from the heat, add in fried onions that are just pan-fried, add finely chopped mint and some finely chopped coriander. Mix it with the rice then place the lid on and let the steam finish cooking the rice.
Place a pan on the heat and add in two boiled eggs and cooks with the oil until they start to brown, make sure you keep rolling the eggs in the pan so that they are cooked in all sides. Add the fried boiled eggs into the rice and serve then garnish with some fried onions. Enjoy.
- 4 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 2 pieces of Cinnamon
- 3 Pieces of Cardamom
- 4 to 5 Pieces of Cloves
- 2 to 3 Bay Leaves
- 10 Pieces of Broken Cashews
- 1 ½ tsp of Ginger and Garlic paste
- 2 to 3 Medium Sized Onions
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies
- Coriander leaves and Mint leaves
- 2 Tomatoes
- Salt to Taste
- ½ a tsp Turmeric
- ½ a tsp of Cumin Seeds Powdered
- Pinch of Garam Masala Powdered
- 3 tbsp of Yogurt
- 2 cups of Soaked Basmati Rice
- 4 cups of Water
- Fried Onions
- Finely Chopped Mint
- Finely Chopped Coriander
2 Boiled Eggs
- Heat two heaped tsp of ghee, add tsp of Cumin seeds, 2 pieces of Cinnamon, 3 Pieces of Cardamom, 4 to 5 pieces of cloves, 2 to 3 bay leaves, 10 pieces of broken Cashews, 1 ½ tsp of Ginger and Garlic paste, 2 to 3 medium-sized onions thinly sliced, 4 to 5 green chilies and saute it till it gets translucent.
- Add coriander leaves and Mint leaves, 2 Tomatoes thinly sliced and add some spices of ½ a tsp turmeric, ½ a tsp of cumin seeds powdered, a pinch of Garam Masala powdered and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Add 3 tbsp of heaped Yogurt and switch of the gas and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Take a Shallow pan and saute the soaked Basmati rice in 2 spoons of Ghee. Switch off the gas and mix it in the prepared masala pot.
- Add 4 cups of water and give it a mix, cover it up and put it on a low flame. Let it cook.
- Add some fried onions, finely chopped mint and coriander, saffron and stir it well.
- Heat a pan, add some oil and add 2 boiled eggs then fry them in the oil
- Add the 2 slit boiled eggs in the rice mix and serve.