This cake is super moist, has a beautiful crumb and will be able to be eaten all week long without drying up. You will start by creaming butter and sugar until its nice and fluffy, depending on your mixer this will, take about 5 minutes. Add the eggs in one at a time so that they can incorporate and you want to make sure that these eggs are at room temparature.
Once you can’t see any eggs in the butter mixture, you will start adding the dry ingredients. In a bowl, you will lightly mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, on the side, you will need buttermilk to that, add in oil and vanilla. You will start alternating the flour and the liquids into the butter mixture in batches while mixing just until combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
Do not overbeat the batter. Once the batter is ready, you can add anything that you want in this cake from dried fruits, nuts, chcolate chips, or purees. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then brush the inside of the pan with butter then add the butter then bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown, slightly cracked on top and a skewer inserted at the centre comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before flipping it over.
- 16 ounces (454 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces (284 g) unsalted butter softened
- 14 ounces (397 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 8 ounces (227 g) buttermilk room temperature
- 3 ounces (85 g) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and adjust the rack to the lower-middle of the oven so it’s not too close to the top element.
- Make sure your cold ingredients are at room temperature and you are weighing your ingredients (including liquids) for the best results.
- Coat your cake pan in a thin, even layer of butter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine together your buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Place softened butter into the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment and cream until smooth on low. Sprinkle in your sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl if needed.
- While mixing on low, add in your room temperature eggs one at a time. Letting them mix fully before adding the next egg.
- Add in 1/3 of your flour mixture, then 1/3 of your liquid mixture. Repeat two more times. Scrape bowl as needed. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into your prepared bundt cake pan and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the deepest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.