Skillet meals are our favorite lately. They are ready in just 30 minutes and they taste like they are from a restaurant. This Creamy Parmesan chicken and spinach sauce are on point.! I promise that you guys are going to love this meal just as much as we did. To make this dish you will need to buy a family pack of 4 chicken breasts and halve each one crosswise resulting in 8 regular portions or 4 large portions.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- Thoroughly season chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano on both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter with a bit of oil from the tomatoes over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Once done and no longer pink, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add the remaining tablespoon butter to the same pan. Cook onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Slowly add chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese and mix to combine until smooth while simmering for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to the mixture and continue cooking until wilted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and reheat for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.