These oven roasted potatoes are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work. This recipe is more about the method of baking than being about the exact spices that go on the potatoes. Feel free to add whatever kind of spices you’d like! Red pepper flakes for a little spice.
Basil, oregano, and parsley for an Italian flare. Cumin for a Mexican touch. The best roast potatoes for you will be potatoes that are seasoned to your liking. Change it up every time you make them, but the spices shown below in the recipe are our favorites.
In order to allow the potatoes to cook quickly and get browned, I toss them in olive oil and the spices prior to baking. Heat the oven to a hot 400 degrees.
- 10 medium white potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the potatoes and cut them into quarters (cut small potatoes in half and large potatoes in 6-8 pieces).
- Add the potatoes to a large casserole dish, along with the olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, and grated Parmesan.
- Toss all the ingredients together in the casserole dish and smooth the top of the mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes have crisped up on the outside and you can spear them easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.