This is an easy, delicious, and plainly amazing pound cake. It will be the best you ever had. To start preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then grease the baking pan with some butter using a pastry brush and dust it with some flour. Set it aside On a large bowl add flour, baking powder, and nutmeg and stir the mixture flour and set aside. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer add softened butter, sugar, and cream them together starting at a low speed and gradually increase the speed to medium as the mixture is getting combined.
Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl at intervals to ensure that all the mixture is well incorporated. Beat the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy. It takes between 5 to 10 minutes. Now start dropping and mixing eggs with the cream one at a time to help the cream from curdling. Add some pure vanilla extract and mix it in as well. At this point change to the paddle attachment and the flour mixture and milk alternating at a slow speed starting with flour and ending with flour.
This process will give a smooth and light batter. Make sure the flour is well incorporated after each addition before adding the milk. When the last batch of flour has been incorporated, take out the mixing bowl and use the spatula to gently fold the batter a couple of times to incorporate the leftover flour. When the cake batter is ready to pour it into your prepared pan.
The batter should be smooth and silky. Smoothen the top using the spatula. Hit it a little bit on the table to get out any air bubbles. Put the oven and cook for 1hour 40 minutes, or till the toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. The cake is done you can see a beautiful golden-brown crust. Leave the cake to cool completely. It should have a good texture and the crumbs should be really moist and tender.
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 10 Eggs
- 4 sticks of butter 2 cups of Butter
- 1 Tbs Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Tbs Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Milk or dissolve 4 Tbs of powdered Milk in 1/2 cup of Water
- Grease your baking Pan with some Butter and dust it with some flour then set it aside
- Mix the flour, Baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside as well
- Add 4 sticks of Butter (At room temperature) together with the sugar in the mixing bowl and cream it together until it’s smooth fluffy and creamy
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing the Egg into the cream after each addition
- Mix in the Vanilla as well
- Start alternating the addition of flour and milk until it’s well combined
- Pour the batter inside the baking pan and bake for 1 hr 20 mins to 1hr 40 mins, till it’s golden and caramelized on the edges or when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.