These Oreo muffins are deliciously married with crunchy oreo biscuits in the middle. Make your mornings sweet with these oreo muffins. The first thing you are going to need is the Oreos of course, take half of your cookies and cut th u coarsely with a knife which means fairy big pieces. When you are done, set that aside and then take five more o these cookies and you are going to process them until there are very fine crumbs, you can use the food processor to do all that. In a large bowl, place your all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking flour then stir that up until well combined and then add your cold butter. Cut the butter in until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, you can do this a couple of different ways with two butter knives of you could use a pastry blender.
Once there are no large pieces of butter left, take a cup of milk an add an egg to it and then blend that together. Pour that into the dry ingredients and then you are going to stir that until just moistened. Now, the secret to ma nice fluffy muffins is not to overmix the batter, so you blend it just enough until it looks like every morsel has been moistened then depending with how you like it, you can add in the coarsely chopped Oreos cookies. Once again, doing this gently because we don’t want to break the cookies up oo much since we want large chunks of the cookies inside the muffins. So once you fold in those cookies pieces you can fill up your muffins tins, you can either use just plain greased muffin tins or you can use paper liners. Alternatively, you can make the batter without the chopping the more cookies then pour half the batter in the tins, place half an Oreo cookies then fill that up and add another cookie.
You can also top this by placing all-purpose flour in a bowl, add five or your crushed cookies, their tablespoon of sugar, stir that around and then add to a tablespoon of cold butter. Mox that together until it resembles the crumbs then take a tablespoon of that mixture and top it over the top of each muffin before placing them in the oven. Place your muffins in a preheated oven r=fo around 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once they come out of the oven, allow them to cool before eating them or topping them with icing.
For the muffins;
- 160g plain flour
- 60g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 210ml Milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 12 Oreo cookies
For the Icing:
- 500g icing sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 50ml milk
- 6 Oreos cut into half
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 170Â fan/ 325Â F/gas mark 3, and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
- To make the sponge mix together the butter, cocoa powder, baking powder, flour, and sugar until you have a crumbly texture.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk and eggs.
- Add half of the mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix until smooth. Then add the rest of the mixture and stir until fluffy.
- Equally, divide the mixture into the muffin tins, and crumble one of the Oreo cookies on top of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffin springs back when touched. Leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and butter together until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture on top of the cooled muffins and smooth in a circular action with a pallet knife.
- Top with half an Oreo cookie.