Chocolate marble cake is a classic childhood cooking memory. This cake is more popular in the United States, Northern Africa, and the united kingdom. It is super moist and super tasty and it should not miss in your cookbook. Beat eggs until white hick, add vanilla a pinch or salt and add milk. Add melted butter the flour and mix using a spatula. , Split the butter into two. In one, put melted dark chocolate and preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the baking pan with butter Put half of the butter first then put all the chocolate butter mix.
Finish by putting the rest of the white butter then place in the oven for 45 minutes. This recipe must be made with cake flour. Cake flour has a lower protein content than all-purpose, which correlates to a lighter crumbed cake. Like the light, airy cakes from box mixes. All-purpose flour will make your cake heavy, dense, and bread-like. You can make your own cake flour substitute using cornstarch and all-purpose flour, as noted in the recipe below, but I strongly suggest just buying cake flour.
Baking powder gives the cake its lift. Do not use baking soda. Even though we will be using buttermilk as the liquid in the batter, we are using baking powder. Buttermilk is usually paired with baking soda, but the purpose of buttermilk in this marble cake recipe isn’t for its acidity. Rather, it’s for flavor and moisture. Buttermilk is the secret to the super moist texture. Whole milk would be the only substitution.
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 120g of soft butter or margarine)
- 140g of sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar or 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 eggs
- 230g of cake flour
- 1.5 cc of baking powder
- 100ml of milk
- 100g of liquid cream
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Butter a standard cake tin and possibly garnish with parchment paper.
- Cut the chocolate into pieces in a bowl or heat-resistant bowl and melt in a bain-marie. Mix the milk and cream in a bowl and set aside. Mix flour and baking powder.
- In a medium salad bowl, work the soft butter until you get an ointment texture then add the sugar and the vanilla sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one by mixing vigorously after each addition: the apparatus begins to dislocate and coagulate and then becomes homogeneous once the egg is completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and the milk/cream mixture alternately by mixing after each addition
- Divide the dough into two equal portions: add in one of them the melted chocolate and add in the other the perfume of your choice. scraped vanilla or liquor.
- Pour the clear pasta and chocolate alternately into the prepared pan starting and ending with the clear part. To get a mottled effect, push a toothpick or skewer steak into the dough and make 8 in the direction of the length of the mold.
- Bake and cook for about 50 minutes or until a peak in the center of the cake come out clean. Let cool 15 min in the mold before removing from the pan gently.
- For long-term preservation, wrap the cooled cake tightly in food or aluminum foil. Enjoy!