This cake is about a story about cake and pink lemonade. To start off baking this cake, you will bake about three sponge cake dyed pink. The method is easy for this, but you will need two bowls, because you’re goint to separate the eggs and whip the whites on their own. You add pink lemonade right into the batter.When you have the cake batter almost done whip the whites with a little cream of tartar and fold them right into the batter.Once they are baked and cooled you can level them if necessary. This cake doesn’t produce huge domes, so I only took off a tiny bit of the top to get them to stack flat. Spread your buttercream frosting in between the layers, and then crumb coat the whole cake lightly. Next allow the frosting to set by poingp it in the fridge to set quickly.
Then divide the remaining frosting into thirds. Frost one portion a darker pink, the next a shade or two lighter and the last portion leave white or very pale pink. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 2- 8 inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix and lemonade powder. Prepare cake batter according to box directions. Stir in lemon zest and pour mix into pans evenly. Bake 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then invert on cooling rack and let cool completely.For frosting beat all ingredients well. Transfer 1 cake to cake platter and frost. Place second cake on top and frost. Garnish with lemon slices.
- 2 ½ cups cake flour sifted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter slightly chilled and cut into slices
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- ½ cup milk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Frosting;
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed 4 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan then set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix on low speed to combine.
- Next slowly add in butter slices and allow to mix until flour resembles coarse crumbs.
- While butter mixes, in a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pink lemonade, milk, lemon extract and vanilla extract and set aside.
- With mixer still on low speed, add egg mixture in three batches allowing liquid to combine into dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- If desired, stir in a few drops of pink or red food coloring to create a fun pink color.
- Spread batter into prepared pan evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack until room temperature. While cooling, prepare the frosting.
For the Frosting;
- In your stand mixer, add butter and salt at medium low speed.
- Next turn the mixer down to low and slowly add confectioner’s sugar in small portions until all is added then turn the speed to medium high to combine.
- Add lemonade and lemon extract and mix until nice and fluffy.
- Add in food coloring at this point if desired.