Made with just a few ingredients, this dish has juicy chicken breasts and tender rice in a deliciously creamy sauce. We will start with seasoning the chicken with paprika, garlic and fresh parsley, mix it up with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, put rice in a baking tray which contains oil. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic. In a different bowl with chicken soup, add thyme, paprika, and garlic. Mix it all up until it is well incorporated.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the mixture of chicken soup into the rice pan then put the chicken on top of the chicken, covered it with aluminum foil then put it in the 350 degrees oven for one hour to 90 minutes. Serve immediately when both the rice and chicken are well cooked.
- 5 chicken thigh fillets, bone in
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp/ 30 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups / 270 g long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chicken broth/stock
- 1 1/4 cups / 312 ml water, hot
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves or finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, then place butter in the center. Bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix together Chicken Rub. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix.
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken.
- Cover with foil, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spray chicken with oil, then bake for a further 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then remove chicken and fluff up rice. Garnish with parsley if desired