These oven bbq chicken wings have a slight tang from the mustard, sweetness from the honey and a tiny kick of Sriracha You are absolutely going to love it and lick every bit of sauce off those sticky fingers. Start by combining all of your dry spices in a small bowl to make the rub. One your rub is ready, its time to season your chicken but first, you want to reserve some of the sices for your bbq sauce which you will be making. Reserve around a teaspoon and a half of your rub.
Onto your chicken, sprinkle the mixed spices on the chicken then and make sure every piece of the chicken is coated with the rub. Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet, spacing them so they don’t overcrowd the sheet. If you are working with super cold chicken of your chicken is not completely thwarted, that will definitely change your cooking time. For chicken wings that are at room temperature, you are going to bake them for 45 to 50 minutes in a 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
For your BBQ sauce, add one cup of ketchup in a pan with soy sauce, apple vinegar, a quarter cup of honey, and your reserved rub. Mix everything and bring it to a simmer for a minute or so and then turn the heat off and set it aside. Once your chicken wings are perfectly roasted from the oven, start blasting it with the barbecue sauce.
Once coated, you are then going to place your chicken wings into the broiler for around ten minutes to let the sauce get thick and glazed in the chicken. You are going to be left with a delicious bbq wing that has that charring the sauce has set, its think and delicious.
- 1 1/4 pounds (1kg) chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (3g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) black pepper
- 1 cup (240g) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey
- 2 tbsp (30g) ketchup or hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven rack on top.
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl, add oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl combine salt with garlic powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Add the mixture over the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken wings on the rack in one layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on their size, flipping once after the first 20 minutes.
- While the wings are baking prepare the sauce.
- Place the barbecue sauce with honey and hot sauce into a small saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove the wings from the oven and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until glaze is glossy and caramelized. Garnish with green onion and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.