If you love brownies that you are going to love this recipe because it is just the brownies plus the Oreos which takes them to another level. Start by7 preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then cut the butter into tablespoon-size pieces and drop them into a bowl along with one cup of semisweet chocolate chips. Haet them in the microwave in 15 seconds increments, stirring every 15 seconds until the chocolate and butter are completely melted.
Add on one cup of natural cocoa powder and half a teaspoon of instant coffee, the instant coffee is optional but will bring the chocolate flavour and will not make them taste like coffee. Add in white granulated sugar and brown sugar, this recipe calls for two large eggs plus one egg yolk, add them in the oreo batter one at a time making sure you stir really well after each addition.
Finish off with vanilla extract and salt and stir well. You will then add the flour and you will need one cup of all-purpose flour, stir well until all your ingredients are very well combined. Finally, you will add the Oreos and you will need 15 crushed Oreos for, inside your brownie batter, you don’t want to grind them into completely fine crumbs.
You just want them to be small pieces, that way you will still get a nice oreo crunch when you bite in the brownies. Add the crushed cookies to the oreo brownie batter and stir well then add mini chocolate chips and mix. Spread this batter into a parchment-lined or lightly greased and floured 9 by 9 banking pan.
Press a few Oreos on top of the batter just for a nice finishing touch. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted at the centre come out with just a few fudgy crumbs. Once baked, they will have a nice crackly top with a fudgy center packed full of Oreos. These Oreos biscuits are a recipe you are really going to want to try out and you will absolutely love them.
- 12 Tablespoons (170g) unsalted butter cut into Tbsp-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (100g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (50g) natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee grounds optional
- 3/4 (150g) cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (122g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (70g) mini chocolate chips
- 20 Oreo Cookies divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper*
- Combine butter and 1/2 cup (100g) semisweet chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well, microwave for another 15 seconds, and then stir well again. Repeat for 15 seconds until chocolate and butter are completely melted and well-combined.
- Add cocoa powder and instant coffee (if using), stir well then add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time. After each addition, stir well, and then stir another 30 seconds (the better you stir your batter, the cracklier your brownie tops will be).
- Stir in vanilla extract. Sprinkle salt over the batter and add flour, stir very well, until completely combined.
- Place 15 of your Oreos in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or mallet to smack until broken into pieces. Add broken cookie pieces and mini chocolate chips and stir into batter.
- Spread batter into prepared 9×9 pan. Break the remaining 5 Oreo cookies into pieces and press gently into the surface of the brownie batter.
- Bake on 350F (175C) for 30-35 minutes if using 9×9 pan (toothpick inserted in the center should be just slightly fudgy, but not wet with batter).
- Allow cooling before cutting and serving.