Eggless butter cookies are among the easiest butter due to the few and ingredients that are used and the few steps followed to achieve the perfect crunchy cookies. Put butter in a bowl at room temperature then add sugar and start to whisk until smooth and light. Add vanilla essence and continue to whisk. Start adding dough slowly to the soft mixture while you continue to whisk. Add the rest of the flour until it is smooth. You can use a spatula at this process to mix the dough. If you want the cookies to appear in another color, you can use food color but for brown cookies, you can add cocoa powder for a perfect brown color.
Using a piping bag with any tip you like, add the mixture in the piping bag and on a baking sheet, place your desired quantity of cookie dough in a line. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until the cookies turn golden brown. You can see them through the oven as they bake. Once done, place the cookies in a cooling rack before serving with milk. Enjoy.
- 200 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp oats powder
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp rice flour
- Dry roast the oats in a pan for 10 minutes, grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer with castor sugar until it turns pale and creamy.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and until it comes together as a dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough in a cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- When the dough is cold, roll it out on a floured surface to about 1cm thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter cut as many rounds as you can from the dough and line them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 160 C, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.