This super moist and easy almond cake is the easiest to prepare and bake. In a mixing bowl, add unsalted room temperature butter and beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat again for about 2 to 3 minutes. Always scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the next ingredients. Add 4 eggs one at a time and beat well until incorporated after each addition.
Sift in all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture. Mix lightly with a spatula then using a hand mixer mix to combine, do not overmix the batter. Mix just until everything is moistened. Add in plain yoghurt, vanilla extract and cooking oil then mix all the ingredients well to combine.
The finished batter should be smooth and silky. Prepare a baking pan by greasing then lining the bottom with parchment paper then pour in the batter and level the top evenly. Make a cut in the middle of the batter so that the top of the batter opens evenly during baking and squeeze room temperature unsalted butter over the sheath.
Top generously with sliced almonds then bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C / 350F. Check if a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean then remove the cake from the pan, let it cool and serve. Serve this rich cake with a cup of tea and cream on the side. Enjoy.
- Unsalted butter 200g (¾ cup + 2 Tbsp)
- Sugar(granulated) 180g (¾ cup + 1 Tbsp)
- Eggs 4
- All-purpose flour 160g (1 cup)
- Almond flour 120g (1 cup)
- Baking powder 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Plain yoghurt 120g (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla extract 1/2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil 70g (¼ cup + 1 Tbsp)
- Sliced almonds for topping 20g (4 Tbsp)
- Put butter in a clean bowl and loosen gently. Add sugar and eggs in order and mix gently.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt) and mix. Make sure not to mix too much at this point.
- Add all remaining ingredients in order and mix.
- Pour all the batter into the prepared pan. Place the sliced almonds evenly on the top.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180℃ (356℉) for 40-45 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely